Food and Shopping
Seacoast Fun Park - www.seacoastfunparks.com
940 Roosevelt Trl, Windham - (207) 892-5952
Hackett Rd, Windham ME
Palace Playland - www.palaceplayland.com
1 Old Orchard St, Old Orchard Bch - (207) 934-2001
Congress Street, Portland (207) 774 - 1822
Nice Day Trips
- More Things To Do & Area Sight Seeing
- Our location on Sebago Lake accessing 55 square miles of lakes and waterways is understandably the major attraction, but there is so much to see and do in the surrounding area…
- AMUSEMENTS PARKS
- Funtown/Splashtown U.S.A. - Route 1, Saco, 284-5139
Family amusement and waterpark. Home of Excalibur, Maine's only wooden roller coaster, which was ranked one of the top ten wooden rollercoasters in the world. Voted one of the cleanest parks in America and offers many rides, slides, pools, giftshops, games, arcades and eating facilities. Open weekends May and Sept. Daily starting early June. Free parking. Unlimited ride pass, slide pass or combination pass, group rates.
- Palace Playland - by the Pier, Old Orchard Beach. 934-2001
Maine's premier beachfront amusement park. Giant arcade, beautiful carousel, Kiddieland. Maine's largest waterslide. Gondola Ferris Wheel and Galaxy Coaster. Open Memorial Day to Labor Day. Fireworks every Thursday night.
- Aquaboggan Water Park - Route 1, Saco. 282-3112
Waterslides, bumper boats, gigantic wave pool, mini golf and more! Open daily from the end of June through Labor Day. Combo tickets available. Park has a snack bar, picnic area and ice cream.
- York's Wild Kingdom - Rt 1 York, 363-3883
Visit Maine's largest zoo and theme park in the area, with monkeys, bears, elephants, the Australian collection, the Butterfly collection, and Rewa, Maine's only white Bengal tiger! The theme park features kiddie bumper boats, double seated go-carts, an electric train, a ferris wheel, and more. The zoo is open daily from Memorial Day through late September, while the amusement park is open on the weekends in May, June and September, and daily in July and August. The park has snack bars, picnic areas, and free parking.,
- Santa's Village – Rt 2 Jefferson, New Hampshire, 603-586-4445
Visit Santa's "summer home" in Jefferson, New Hampshire. The park is home to rides, daily entertainment, food, shopping, and of course, the elves! The park is open on weekends from Memorial Day until mid-June, then daily through Labor Day. The park is then open on weekends during September and October, and on Weekends during the Christmas season.
- Storyland – Rt 16 Glen, New Hampshire, 603-383-4186
Visit all of your favorite storybook characters at Storyland! Ride in Cinderella's Coach, the Swan Boats, a Buccaneer Pirate Ship, see the Royal Hannaford Circus or a musical stage show, and play in the different storybook play areas. The park is open on the weekends from Memorial Day to Father's Day, and then Daily from Father's Day to Labor Day, and weekends until Columbus Day. Free parking.
- Six Gun City & Fort Splash Waterpark – Rt 2 Jefferson, New Hampshire, 603-586-4592
Family Fun in a western frontier setting! Enjoy the Tomahawk Run Waterslide, the Ice House Pond Bumper Boats, the Prospector's Plunge Water Coaster, and more! Play laser tag, visit the Carriage and Sleigh Museum, or take in the Frontier Show. Open weekends from Memorial Day to Father's Day, then Daily through August.
- Colonial Bowling Center - 399 Main Street, Westbrook - 854-8936
- Westport Bowling Lanes - 135 Main St, Westbrook, 854-9311
- Yankee Lanes – 867 Riverside St, Portland, 878-2695
- Big 20 Bowling Center – Rt 1, Scarborough - 883-2131
- MOVIE THEATRES
- Five Star Cinema – Windham, 892-7000
- Bridgton Twin Drive-In – Route 302, Bridgton - 647-8666
- Cinemagic Stadium Theaters - 183 Country Road, Westbrook - 774-3456
- Pride's Corner Drive-In – Rt 302, Pride's Corner, Wesbtrook - 797-3154 (Seasonal)
- Cinemagic Grand at Clark's Pond – 333 Clark's Pond Parkway, South Portland - 772-6023
- MINIATURE GOLF COURSES
- Seacoast Fun Park – Route 302, Windham, 892-5952
Eighteen holes of miniature golf one and a half miles from Sebago Lake Lodge. Also has rides, arcade games and driving range.
- Westerly Winds Golf Course and Sports Park – 853 Cumberland Street, Westbrook - 854-9463
Miniature golf, plus driving range, swimming pool, batting cages, tennis, basketball, shuffleboard.
- Steamboat Landing Mini Golf – Rt 114, Naples - 693-6782
Miniature golf, arcade, and craft shop
- Pirates Cove Adventure Golf - 70 First St., Old Orchard Beach, 934-5086
36 holes of championship mini golf within walking distance of the beach
- AREA SHOPPING
- L.L. Bean - Flagship Store: Rt 1, Freeport - 800-441-5713 or 865-1212
World famous outdoor equipment and apparel store. Open 24 hours, 365 days per year.
- The Maine Mall - 364 Maine Mall Road, So. Portland, 774-0303
Over 135 stores including restaurants, photography, games, clothing, toys and more. Anchor stores include Macy's, Sears, Best Buy and J.C. Penney.
- The Old Port - Congress Street to Commercial Street, Portland - 772-6828
Portland's Historic District offers over 158 shops, 65 restaurants, 28 galleries, and numerous pubs. All located in a charming five-block area lined with cobblestone streets on Portland's historic waterfront
- Lighthouse Depot – Route 1, Wells - 646-0608
Largest collection of lighthouse gifts in the world
- Kittery Outlets - Rt 1, Kittery - 1-888-KITTERY
Over 120 outlets and the Kittery Trading Post with savings of 20-70% daily. This shopping mecca is often referred to as "America's Maine Street for Outlet Shopping."
- WATER RECREATION, LOBSTER BOAT TOURS, WHALE WATCHES, DEEP SEA FISHING, KAYAKING & MORE
- Sebago Lake Lodge Boat Rentals – Click Here for all our boats and rates
- Songo River Queen – Naples, 693-6861
- Saco River Canoe & Kayak - Fryeburg, Maine 935-2369
- Saco Bound Canoeing on the River - Center Conway, NH 603-447-2177
- Dockside Watersports - Parasailing - Boat Rentals - Jet Ski's - Waterskiing - Route 302 Naples (by the Causeway) 693-3888, 3867, 7985
- PORTLAND HARBOR:
- Bay View Cruises – 66' 117 passenger boat with scheduled cruises. 184 Commercial St, Portland, 761-0496
- Casco Bay Lines - Year-round narrated cruises on Casco Bay. Daily ferry service to five Casco Bay Islands. From Casco Bay Ferry Terminal at Commercial and Franklin Streets, Portland, 774-7871
- Coast Watch & Guiding Light Navigation – Daily cruises to Eagle Island, 170 Commercial St, Portland, 774-6498
- Lucky Catch Lobstering – Experience lobstering first hand. 170 Commercial St, Portland, 233-2026
- Old Port Mariner Fleet – Scenic Cruises, Whale Watches, Deep Sea Fishing. Long Wharf, Commercial St. Portland, 775-0727
- Maine Island Kayak Co. – ½ day to 7 day trips. Peaks Island, 776-2373
- Devil's Dan Charters – Deep Sea Fishing, 761-4466
- BOOTHBAY HARBOR:
- Balmy Days Cruises – 1-800-298-2284
- Eastwind Cruises – 633-6598
- Boothbay Whale Watch – Boothbay Harbor, 888-942-5363
- Cap'n Fish's Boat Trips – Whale Watch, 800-636-3244
- KENNEBUNKPORT HARBOR:
- Cape Arundel Cruises – Scenic cruises, whale watching. Kennebunkport Marina, Ocean Ave. 967-0707
- First Chance Whale Watch – Guaranteed Sightings. Two trips daily in July and August (approx 4 hours each). Just South of the Kennebunkport Bridge (Rt 9) behind Mobil/Big Apple Station, Kennebunk Lower Village, Free Parking. 967-5507, 1-800-767-2628
- Second Chance Scenic Lobster Boat Cruise - 1 ½ hour scenic lobster cruise, Harbor seals, Walkers Point, lobster catches. 967-5507 (same as location as First Chance)
- Sail aboard Bellatrix - 37' Racing yacht, Free sailing lessons, Kennebunkport, 967-8685
- Schooner Lazyjack - Sailing Trips - Schooners Inn, Ocean Ave Kennebunkport, 967-8809
- Edna Friendship Sloop – Two hour sails - Kennebunkport, 967-8809
- Theatre Cruise – Seafaring Legends, Haunts & Folklore, Chilling and unusual Theatre Cruise along Maine's mysterious rockbound coast. True tales of intrigue and horror from our maritime past and present. Ghost ships, cannibalism and more. Every evening June - October (weather permitting). Kennebunkport Harbor, 641-2313.
- Shenanigans Chartered Cruises - Private Chartered Cruises, 967-3507
- Port Fly Shop - Fly fishing on the Kennebunk & Mousam Rivers, 967-5889
- MISC HARBORS:
- Atlantic Seal Cruises – Freeport, 865-6112
- Rock N' Reel Sport Fishing Charters - 21 Snow Road, Scarborough, 883-1015
- Trina Lyn Fishing Charter - Private sport fishing charters within five minutes of Old Orchard Beach for up to four people. P.O. Box 431, Camp Ellis, Saco, 284-2352/cell phone 283-2352
- Steve Brettell - Fish stripers in the ocean of Kennebunkport with a licensed Coast Guard Captain. 336 Guinea Road, Biddeford, 283-4129
- Saco Bay Sailing - Recreational and sailing excursions from Camp Ellis. 14 Beach Ave, Saco, 283-1624
- Canoe Trips - Scarborough Marsh Nature Center - Maine's largest salt marsh is best explored by canoe. Abundant and unexpected wildlife sightings. Rt. 9, Scarborough. 883-5100
- Bunny Clark – Deep Sea Fishing, Ogunquit, 646-2214
- Ugly Anne – Deep Sea Fishing, Ogunquit, 646-7202
- WILD LIFE REFUGE, STATE PARKS, OUTDOOR WALKS
- Maine Wildlife Park – Moose, Bear, Deer, Cougars, Eagles and more. Nature Trail and Displays. Rt 26, 56 Game Farm Road, Gray, 657-4977
- Quaker Ridge – Beautiful spot overlooking local lakes
- Scarborough Marsh Nature Center - Maine's largest salt marsh is best explored by canoe. Guided and self guided canoe tours. Abundant shorebird sightings. Nature center offers slide shows, exhibits. Rt. 9, Scarborough. 883-5100
- Smiling Hill Farm – Working Dairy and Petting Farm, Westbrook 775-4818
- Old Orchard Beach – 7-mile beach with seaside amusement parks
- Ferry Beach State Park - 117 acres of beach and nature trails. Off Route 9 in Saco. 283-0067.
- Gilsland Farm - Maine Audubon Sanctuary offering trails, field trips and a gift shop. North of Portland in Falmouth off Route 1. 781-2330.
- Wells National Estuarine Reserve at Laudholm Farm: 1600 scenic acres of research reserve including a 19th century saltwater farm, Rachel Carson Wildlife Refuge area, Laudholm Farm Visitors Center, exhibits, and seven miles of spectacular marsh walkways and trails along marshes, fields, and wetlands. Open year round. 342 Laudholm Farm Road, Wells. 646-1555, 646-4521.
- LIGHTHOUSES - Click Here to Link
- HORSEBACK RIDING
- Kent's Stables – Horseback riding, Gorham, 839-6428
- Carousel Horse Farm – Horseback riding, Casco, 627-4471
- AREA ATTRACTIONS, RECREATION, & MORE
- Desert of Maine – Natural phenomenon, narrated tours, nature trails, museum. Open early May to mid October daily. 95 Desert Road, Freeport, 865-6962
- Happy Wheels Skate Center - Roller Skating Rink, Portland, 797-8207
- Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad - Ride along Portland's waterfront in an historic narrow gauge. Fun for all ages. 58 Fore Street, Portland. 828-0814. Directions – Route 1N to I-295N to: Take Exit 4 (Port Waterfront Exit). Bear right to 1A (Truck Route/Waterfront) to stop sign onto Commercial Street. Follow Commercial Street. Train is near end of street before it curves away from the water (after DiMillos Restaurant).
- Balloons Rides - Hot Air Balloon Rides. 17 Freeman St, Portland. 1-800-952-2076
- Scenic Flights - Naples Seaplane Rides - Route 302 693-3736
- Mt Washington Cog Railway to the Top of New England's highest summit
- Mt Washington Auto Road
- Comedy Connection –America's top professional stand-up comedians. 6 Custom House Wharf, In the Old Port. Portland, 774-5554
- Southworth Planetarium - Shows for children and adults including laser concerts. Off I-295 Forest Ave. North to 96 Falmouth St., University of Southern Maine's Science Building. Portland, 780-4249
- Portland Symphony Orchestra - Concerts year round. Special events. 30 Myrtle St., Portland. 773-8191
- Portland Concert Association - Dance, opera, musical theater, jazz, & more. 1-800-639-2707
- Portland Opera Repertory Theatre – Grand Opera in Portland's magnificent Merrill Auditorium. 767-0773
- Cumberland County Civic Center – Music Concerts, Sporting Events Etc.
- KIDS ENTERTAINMENT
- Joker's Family Fun & Games - 515 Warren Av., Portland
- Children's Theater of Maine - Live theater for adults and children. 25A Forest Ave., Portland. 874-0371
- Portland Public Library - Story telling and entertainment for children. 5 Monument Sq., Portland. 871-1707
- THEATRE & SUMMER THEATRE
- Merrill Auditorium – Portland, 874-8200
- Portland Lyric Theatre – So Portland, 799-1421
- Maine State Music Theatre – Brunswick, 725-8769
- Portland Stage Company – Portland, 774-0465
- Arundel Barn Playhouse – Summer Theatre, Just off Route 1, Arundel, Tuesday – Saturdays in Season, 985-5552
- Ogunquit Playhouse – Stock Summer Theatre, Rt 1 Ogunquit, 646-5511.
- Saco River Grange – Salmon Falls Road, Bar Mills. Just off Rt 117. 929-6472
- ARTS, MUSEUMS & HISTORICAL SOCIETIES
- Maine Maritime Museum - Historic shipyard site and maritime history building on Kennebec River. 243 Washington St., Bath. 443-1316.
- Willowbrook at Newfield - Restored 19th Century Village with 36 buildings and 11,000 artifacts including 1894 carousel. Off Rt. 11 on Main St., Newfield. 793-2784.
- Portland Museum of Art – Maine's largest and oldest art museum. Designed by world renowned I.M. Pei. Features fine and decorative art from the 18th century to present. 7 Congress St, Portland, 773-2787.
- Portland Observatory – Not a lighthouse, it is the last maritime signal tower in the US. Built in 1807 as a communication tower for the harbor. Guided tours and exhibits. 774-5561
- Children's Museum of Maine - Exhibits. Toddler Park, Cave & Farm, Interactive Science Exhibits, Space Shuttle, Camera-Obscura-Theater. Fun for all ages. 142 Free Street, Portland. 828-1234.
- Victoria Mansion - One of America's most significant Victorian homes. All interiors are original and quite spectacular. 109 Danforth St., Portland. 772-4841.
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House - Boyhood home of the famed 19th Century poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Seasonal. 485 Congress St., Portland. 774-1822.
- The Arts District – Portland's cultural community along Congress Street – Portland, 772-6828
- KENNEBUNKS (Museums, Historical Societies):
- Brick Store Museum - Ship Models, Historic Displays, Rare Antiques, Paintings, Decorative Arts. 117 Main St, Kennebunk, 985-4802. Route One South. On left in downtown Kennebunk.
- Nott House - Greek Revival House – Open Mid June to Mid-October, $3, Dock Square, Kennebunkport, 967-2513 or 967-2751
- Seashore Trolley Museum – Largest collection of trolley cars in the world. Countryside rides on historic rides. Log Cabin Road - Kennebunkport, 967-2800
- With over ten 18-hole golf courses within 30 minutes of Sebago Lake Lodge, we make a great golf holiday.
- GOLF COURSES…
- Point Sebago Golf Course – Route 302, Casco, 655-2747, 1-800-655-1232 x3. 18 Hole Course. Accessible by boat but must make arrangements with course for 1/2mile cart ride from Marina to Clubhouse. www.pointsebago.com
- Frye Island – Frye Island Golf Club, 655-6424, Accessible by ferry or boat. 9 Hole Course 655-3551
- Spring Meadows – Gray,18 Hole Course. 657-2586
- Poland Spring Country Club, Rt 26, Poland Spring 998-6002. 18 Hole Course.
- Westerly Winds Golf Course and Sports Park – 9-hole Championship and separate 9-hole par 3 course. Driving range. Plus mini-golf, swimming pool, batting cages, tennis, basketball, shuffleboard. 853 Cumberland Street, Westbrook. 854-9463
- Naples Golf and Country Club – Old Route 114, 9 Hole Course. 693-6424
- Sable Oaks South – 505 Country Club Road, So. Portland 775-6257, 18 Hole Course.
- None-Such River – 304 Gorham Road, Scarborough 883-0007, 18 Hole Course.
- Riverside - Portland 797-3524, 18 Hole & 9 Hole Course.
- Val Halla Golf Course – 1 Val Halla Road, Cumberland Center, 829-2226, 18 Hole Course.
- Dunegrass Golf Club - 18 holes, 6,508 yd., par 71, 200 Wild Dunes Way (off Ross Rd.) Old Orchard Beach. 934-4513. www.dunegrass.com
- Biddeford & Saco Country Club - 18 holes, 6,300 yd. Par 70, 101 Old Orchard Road, Saco, 282-5883.
- Willowdale Golf Club - 18 Holes, 5,980 yd., Par 70, off Rt. 1, Scarborough. 883-9351.
- Cape Arundel Golf Course - 18 Hole Course, Kennebunkport, 967-3494.
- Webhannet Golf Club - 18 Holes, 6,049 yd., Par 71, Kennebunk Beach 967-2061.
- DRIVING RANGES - GOLF
- Seacoast Fun Park – Route 302 Windham 892-5952
- Westerly Winds Golf Course and Sports Park - Driving range. Plus mini-golf, swimming pool, batting cages, tennis, basketball, shuffleboard. 853 Cumberland Street, Westbrook. 854-9463
- Point Sebago Golf Course – Route 302, Casco, 655-2747, 1-800-655-1232 x3.
- COVERED BRIDGES
- Babb's Bridge: Maine's oldest covered bridge was built in 1843. Located off River Road, 2.5 miles north of South Windham, then ½ mile west between Gorham and Windham over the Presumpscot River. Burned in 1973, but since rebuilt.
- Hemlock Bridge: Built in 1857. Located off Rt 302 3 miles northwest of East Fryeburg in the town of Fryeburg over an old channel of the Saco River. It is of Paddlesford truss construction with supporting laminated wooden arches.
- Sunday River Bridge: Routes 2 & 26 Bethel
- WHITE WATER RAFTING
- AAA Whitewater – 1-800-348-8871
- Mountain Magic Expeditions – 1-800-464-2238
- Adventure Bound Inc. - 1-800-488-5188
- North American White Water Expeditions – 1-800-727-4379
- Northern Outdoors - 1-800-765-7238
- MICRO BREWERIES
- D.L Geary Brewing Co Inc. - 38 Evergreen Drive, Portland, 878-2337
- Kennebunkport Brewery Tours - Shipyard Ale, Federal Jacks Brew Pub - Lower Village - Kennebunk, 967-4322
- Shipyard Brewing Co. - 86 Newbury St, Portland, 761-0807
- Stone Coast Brewing Co. - 74 York St, Gorhams Corner, Portland, 733-BEER
- FITNESS CENTERS
- Maine Rock Gym Indoor Climbing Gym – No experience needed. 127 Marginal Way, Portland, 780-6370
- SPORTING EVENTS
- Beech Ridge Motor Speedway - Auto racing every Saturday night. Holmes Road, Scarborough. 883-5227.
- Portland Pirates Hockey - AHL affiliate of NHL Washington Capitals. Play in Cumberland County Civic Center. Regular Season: October to early April. 775-3458.
- Portland Sea Dogs Baseball - AA Farm Team for the Florida Marlins. Home games held at Hadlock Field, Portland, from late April through early September. 879-9500.
- Scarborough Downs - Seasonal harness racing, Rt. 1, Scarborough. 883-4331.